Assistant Professor, Computer Science (3058)
Pocatello – Main
The Department of Computer Science (CS) at Idaho State University (ISU) invites applications for a full-time tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. Preference will be given to applicants capable of contributing (by teaching and research) to the core CS areas such as computer architecture, parallel and distributed computing, computer networks, databases, computer vision, operating systems, algorithms, compilers, programming languages, formal methods, artificial intelligence, data science, and IoT.
The successful candidate is expected to establish and maintain an internationally recognized research program supported by external funding, guide research efforts in their areas of expertise, teach appropriate courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels, engage in scholarly activities, participate in outreach and service activities, and contribute to the University’s distance-learning activities.
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Computer Science (or closely related area) by the time of appointment.
- Regardless of specific CS areas, the successful candidate should demonstrate an ability to contribute to a curriculum that includes cybersecurity.
- Applicants must demonstrate evidence of independent scholarly activity indicated by refereed publications, works under review, and/or works-in-progress.
- Applicants must be able to conduct high-quality teaching and advising at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach a wide variety of CS courses and demonstrate a commitment to graduate education at both the M.S. and Ph.D. levels.
- Preferred candidates will possess an outstanding record of scholarship and research contributions, with recognized accomplishments that demonstrate the relevance of their research to CS field in general.
- A record of excellence in externally funded research, teaching, ability to effectively communicate with students, and a record of public engagement are desirable.
- Preferred candidates will have experience and research potential in at least one of the current areas of CS, and should be capable of teaching core CS courses at the undergraduate and graduate level.
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/1392?c=isu
You must submit the following to be fully considered:
- Cover letter detailing how the candidate meets the minimum and preferred qualifications of the position.
- Curriculum Vitae listing all published or submitted publications and grant proposals as PI or co-PI, and industrial or other relevant professional experience.
- Statement of teaching with list of courses taught with evidence of teaching excellence (please limit to two pages).
- Statement of research (please limit to two pages).
- A list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
This position will remain open until it is filled; however, priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to November 15, 2021. Salary will be between commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment are conditional pending the successful completion of a background investigation, provided by HireRight.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.