Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering
The University of Akron
The Department of Biomedical Engineering at The University of Akron invites applications for a talented and dynamic Tenure-Track Assistant Professor who can establish and execute a vibrant agenda for strategic research and education, beginning January 2021. Candidates are expected to establish a nationally recognized and externally funded research program. The successful candidate will have a strong interest, passion and ability to teach undergraduate courses; supervise M.S. and Ph.D. students; mentor undergraduates in research and integrate research with teaching at the graduate level.
- Candidates should have a doctoral degree in Biomedical Engineering, or a closely related discipline with biomedical engineering emphasis and preferably postdoctoral training.
- Candidates are expected to have received their degrees, or completed all requirements and expect their degree before joining in January 2021.
- Prior experience and a commitment to continue working with or teaching diverse groups and diverse students will be valued.
- Preference will be given to candidates with research interest in the broad area of biomechanics.
- Exceptional applicants in other areas of Biomedical Engineering may also be considered.
Located in Akron, Ohio, The University of Akron (UA) is one of the largest employers in the region and offers an array of employment opportunities. Here you’ll find a metropolitan setting that places you in the heart of a dynamic, regional economy and in sync with the pulse of business, government and the community.
We’re committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff by including individuals from varied backgrounds and characteristics, including age, gender, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, sexual orientation and socioeconomic background. We’re also committed to offering competitive salary and benefits packages to qualified candidates.
Application deadline: Open until filled, however, review of applications will begin March 1, 2020.
For complete position details, visit
Job ID #12159