The Computational Electromagnetics Group (https://cemse.kaust.edu.sa/cem) at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (https://www.kaust.edu.sa/en) invites applications for multiple Post-Doctoral Fellow Positions in the broad areas of mathematical modeling, numerical methods, electromagnetics, computational electromagnetics, and computational physics.
The applicant must have completed a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, Computational Sciences and Engineering, or a related discipline, with a capacity for high-quality research proven by a good publication record.
The applicant must have:
• Good mathematical and analytical thinking skills
• Experience in mathematical modeling and numerical analysis
• Knowledge of electromagnetic theory, photonics, and/or optics
The following qualifications are desired but not specifically required:
• Knowledge of integral equation (method of moments-MOM) formulations
• Knowledge of fast methods for performing matrix-vector multiplications
• Experience in parallel programming
• Good programming skills
• Good technical writing skills
Duties: The successful applicant will be involved in producing and publishing research results and additionally he/she may be expected to help in supervising Master and Ph.D. students.
Location: KAUST campus is located in Thuwal (80 km north of Jeddah in Saudi Arabia). The campus includes a seaside town with housing, shops, schools, and numerous recreational amenities.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is February 28, 2022, but applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
Salary and Benefits: The salary is very competitive and tax free (starting at 60,000 USD ). In addition, the appointment comes with fully furnished accommodation (including utilities) at no cost, medical and dental insurance, and education for kids at KAUST schools at no cost.
Application Materials: Interested candidates should directly contact Prof. Hakan Bagci (https://cemse.kaust.edu.sa/cem/people/person/hakan-bagci) at firstname.lastname@example.org
• A complete professional CV, which includes educational background, experience, and a list of publications
• Names, affiliation, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three individuals who will provide letters of reference, if requested
• A brief statement of research interests/plans (no more than two pages)
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Hakan Bagci Electrical and Computer Engineering King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) Thuwal, Makkah Saudi Arabia