Assistant Professor (tenure track), Transportation Engineering
North Carolina A&T State University
Department of Civil, Architectural & Environmental Engineering
December 15, 2019 for first review (Open until filled)
Position Start Date:
August 1, 2020
The Department of Civil, Architectural & Environmental Engineering located in the College of Engineering at North Carolina at North Carolina A&T State University (NCA&T) in Greensboro invites applicants to apply for a tenure track position in the area of Transportation Systems Engineering to begin in Fall 2020. We are specifically seeking candidates with research interests and teaching relative to innovative and emerging areas in transportation such as smart and connected cities, remote sensing, modeling, air or ground transportation, logistics, intelligent transportation systems operations and other innovational areas related to transportation. The successful candidate will readily have access to the NCA&T University Transportation Center team for collaboration, federal agencies, and colleagues in transportation interested in collaborating with the largest producer of African American engineers. The Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering department is home to over 300 students and 16 research and teaching faculty and seeks to produce the next leaders in innovative thinking and entrepreneurial opportunities in our fields.
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in Civil Engineering or a related field. The desired candidate must be qualified to lead research and teaching in Transportation Engineering. The desired candidate must be able to engage and train both undergraduate and graduate students. Successful candidates will be expected to share in our mission to address the challenges of creating a sustainable global society by educating the next generation of HBCU engineers and leaders.
The primary responsibilities for this position include teaching undergraduate and graduate level courses, and conducting research. We highly value applicants with the ability to collaborate across disciplinary boundaries and secure research funding from a diverse array of sources. We are especially interested in candidates with a passion to work at a Historically Black University, to advance the University's and Department's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The Successful Candidate will:
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Provide leadership for Transportation focused efforts in the department,
- Effectively communicate and instruct,
- Demonstrate strong leadership and management skills along with a commitment to team building and continuous improvement
- Be able to work effectively with faculty, students, staff and industry.
- The successful candidate must have earned a PhD with an emphasis in Civil Engineering
- A strong background in Civil Engineering, in particular Transportation Engineering
- A passion for teaching, learning, and developing students
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Demonstrate the potential to establish an independent, externally funded research program, to publish peer-reviewed scholarly papers in the academic discipline,
- Collaborate with researchers across disciplines that are represented in the Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering Department
- Be able to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in civil engineering;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to promoting and enhancing inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity in alignment with the University's commitment to maintaining and enhancing a diverse environment.
Applications received on or before December 15, 2019 will receive full consideration. Additionally, applications will be accepted after this date until the position is filled.
North Carolina A&T State University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. No one who applies or seeks employment will be denied admission to or employment at North Carolina A&T State University on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or sexual orientation and sexual identity.
For the full announcement and to apply, go to: https://jobs.ncat.edu/postings/18636
For additional information to apply for this position, please contact Dr. Taher Abu-Ledbeh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
or Dr. Hyoshin Park (email@example.com)
, co-chairs for the Transportation search. You may also contact, Dr. Stephanie Luster-Teasley, Professor and Chair of the Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
for additional information.