Great Bay University (GBU) is a newly established public university situated at the heart of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA), China. Along with the vivid development of the area, GBU strives to be a world-class research university staying at the forefront of knowledge and innovation.
We are now seeking outstanding candidates in following areas of engineering:
Including the following core areas: industrial engineering and data science, intelligent manufacturing management, robotics and autonomous systems, intelligent manufacturing and design, electronics for intelligent systems, sustainable development, sustainable energy and power systems, network communications and sensing, microelectronics and integrated circuts. Applicants with backgrounds in the interdisciplinary areas across smart systems, digital technologies, and applications of artificial intelligence are especially encouraged.
Candidates of all ranks are invited to apply:
- Chair Professor: You are a leading scholar with a global reputation in your research field. You have a demonstrated record of excellence in research and/or education. You are at the forefront of research and have rich experience in setting strategic goals and leading a large team to conduct research programs.
- Professor and Associate Professor: You are an established researcher with a proven track record of publication and/or other achievements. You have no less than 5, preferably 10 years of independent research and/or industrial experience. You are passionate about teaching and working with students. You are able to quickly set a long-term research goal and lead a team to conduct a research program.
- Assistant Professor: You have finished your Ph.D. , preferably have postdoctoral experience and establish yourself as a promising researcher. You have a solid understanding of your research field, are innovative, and are able to develop independent research. You are able to teach undergraduate and graduate courses with good communication skills and teamwork spirit.
Compensations and benefits. GBU offers internationally competitive salaries and sufficient start-up funds, which are commensurate with qualifications. Benefit packages include annual leaves, housing funds, as well as social, medical, and retirement insurance mandated under the laws and regulations. Successful candidates are encouraged to apply for national, provincial, and municipal talent funds, most of which carry additional research grants. Those who qualify for Dongguan's special talent program are eligible for an additional housing subsidies. Negotiations are possible for truly outstanding candidates on a case-by-case basis.
Minimum Requirements and Responsibilities. You must demonstrate, via high-quality publications in top conferences or journals, solid research training in relevant areas. You should have an independent forefront researcher agenda, and meet the university's educational needs. Strong work ethics, ability to innovate, and team spirit are required.
Successful candidates are expected to carry out independent research and teaching activities, as well as contribute to the university's academic and educational development.
Your application materials must include:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of publications
- Research and Teaching proposal (up to 3 pages)
- Name, affiliation, email, and phone contact for three references
Additional information should include:
Summary of previous research and teaching experience PDFs of 3 to 5 of your representative publications Other accomplishments (if any).
Please send your application in a complete PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate “Your Name + Applying Position + Research fields”.
GBU is seeking exceptional candidates on an ongoing basis. Outstanding applicants will be continuously accepted and considered until the position is filled.
Confidential inquiries may be submitted to the HR Department at email@example.com. For more information, please visit www.gbu.edu.cn.
About Great Bay University, China (GBU)
In order to accelerate the implementation of the strategic deployment of the Outline Development Plan for the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area and deeply participate in the construction of an International Education Demonstration Zone in the GBA, Dongguan City, is establishing the Great Bay University with a high starting point and new mechanisms.
In April 2021, Gang Tian, the academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the former vice-president of Peking University was officially appointed as founding president of the GBU.
Our mission is to serve national strategies, cultivate outstanding talents, guide technological development, and lead higher education reform.
With a primary focus on science and engineering subjects, GBU focuses on six directions: Physical Sciences, Advanced Engineering, Life Science, New-generation Information Science Technology, Sciences, and Finance Management.
University Level and Scale
GBU plans to provide full-time programs for bachelor, master, and Ph.D. degrees. By 2030, it is expected to enroll about 10,000 students and the ratio of undergraduates to graduate students will reach about 1:1.
GBU is currently building two campuses in Dongguan: its Graduate School at Songshan Lake Hi-Tech Industrial Development Zone and its full-scale campus at Binhaiwan Bay. With the campus covering areas of nearly 2356 mu, there is ample space for teaching, scientific research, and a vibrant campus life
Tenure Track System
GBU is implementing a clear, transparent, and competitive tenure track career system. A predictable career path and an international recruitment process attract strategic scientists, academic leading talents, research teams, and outstanding young scholars from all over the world.