Aalto University is where science and art meet technology and business. We shape a sustainable future by making research breakthroughs in and across our disciplines, sparking the game changers of tomorrow and creating novel solutions to major global challenges. Our community is made up of more than 12,000 students, 400 professors and over 4,000 other faculty and staff working on our dynamic campus in Espoo, Greater Helsinki, Finland.
Metrology Research Institute
in the School of Electical Engineering
is looking for a
University Lecturer / Senior University Lecturer (Substitute for the job alternation leave)
The position to substitute is in the field of optical / electrical metrology. Therefore, a suitable background for you is electronics, electrical engineering, or physics. The duration of the work is approximately 16.12.2022 - 15.7.2023, or as agreed. For a suitable person, the duration can be extended.
Your tasks will be tailored according to your background and experience. They may include e.g.:
- photometric and radiometric calibrations and related maintenance work,
- lecturing and guiding students,
- maintaining the quality system of the laboratory based on standard ISO17025,
- working in research projects, managing them, or applying for research funding. The present research projects active are on measurements of atmospheric aerosols and characterization of solar cells.
A University Lecturer is expected to have a M.Sc. degree in a suitable field e.g., technology, or natural sciences. Experience in the field is a bonus. Doctoral degree is required for the position of a Senior University Lecturer.
Conditions for the substitute of job alternation leave:
Recruited person must fulfill the following terms:
- You have been unemployed jobseeker in TE services at least 90 calendar days during the last 14 months or
- You are under 30 and have received your vocational or university degree less than one year ago or
- You are under 25 or over 55 at the starting of job alternation leave substitute
A person who is considered a full -time student or full -time entrepreneur cannot be hired as a substitute for job alternation. More info: https://toimistot.te-palvelut.fi/vuorotteluvapaa
You will be part of a professional, supportive and collaborative team that provides you comprehensive orientation and support for your job. The workplace is located in a renewed and lively Otaniemi campus area with versatile services and is easily reachable by public transportation. We have inclusive occupational health services together with Terveystalo.
Please submit your application through our online recruitment system by using the link on Aalto University’s web page ("Apply now!”) at the latest on 20.11.2022. Note, that we are interviewing applicants already during application time, so in case you are interested apply as soon as possible. Attach to your application CV (curriculum vitae) and motivation letter.
Aalto University’s employees and visitors please note you should apply for the position via our internal system Workday -> Internal jobs -> find jobs.
More info about open position:
Professor Erkki Ikonen
Senior University Lecturer Petri Kärhä
In questions related to application process please contact HR Partner Alina Järvinen firstname.lastname@example.org
More about Aalto University: