NAU School of Informatics, Computing, and Cyber Systems (SICCS) is seeking an open rank Assistant/Associate/Professor at the interface between Cybersecurity Engineering and security-related Electrical Engineering. Exceptional candidates from all relevant areas will be considered, but specific topics of research interest include micro and nanoelectronics, hardware security, and cryptographic systems. The position will begin the start of the Fall semester 2020. SICCS at Northern Arizona University brings together interdisciplinary expertise in cybersecurity engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, eco/environmental informatics, astro informatics, and bio/health informatics. We offer a variety of undergraduate and graduate degrees on these topics, offered by roughly 50 faculty in the school. Our core mission is to integrate interdisciplinary developments in scientific and engineering knowledge around computation, data, and systems with traditional disciplines to drive breakthroughs that address key 21st-century challenges. Our faculty are shaping the School’s ground-breaking research programs and the development of its innovative academic programs. They also have the opportunity to collaborate with researchers at institutes and centers across campus, including the Pathogen and Microbiome Institute, the Center for Bioengineering Innovation, the Merriam-Powell Center for Environmental Research, and the Center for Ecosystem Science and Society.
At the rank of tenure track Assistant Professor:
- An earned doctoral (Ph.D. or Sc.D.) degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or closely related area by August 18, 2020.
At the rank of Associate Professor:
- All of the above, AND
- Associate Professor rank, or experience as Assistant Professor meriting promotion to the rank of Associate Professor, AND
- At least six years of research and teaching experience in a university setting.
At the rank of Professor:
- All of the above, AND
- Professor rank, or experience as Associate Professor meriting promotion to the rank of Professor, AND
- At least twelve years of research and teaching experience in a university setting.
This vacancy will be open until filled or closed. First review of applications will occur on December 5, 2019. Applications received after this date will be retained and considered on a periodic basis until a hire is made or the position closes.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online!