Description of Position
The Department of Electrical Engineering at ÉTS (Montreal, Canada) is seeking professors of cyber-physical systems/Embedded Computing. The candidates’ research activities will be coupled with existing programs, and will serve to strengthen the strategic focus of the computing research carried out by the Electrical Engineering Department. The candidate may join the following research units within the department: LACIME, GREPCI, LATIS and LASSENA.
Areas of Expertise Sought
The candidate must demonstrate competencies in one or more of the following fields:
● Cyber-physical systems;
● Edge Computing;
● Smart objects;
● Artificial Intelligence chips;
● Smart sensors;
● Connectivity and networks.
The candidates sought will:
● Teach courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels in one or more of the above-mentioned fields;
● Mentor graduate students;
● Carry out funded or contractual interdisciplinary research projects, jointly with industry and in work places;
● Develop a research program;
● Publish scientific articles;
● Complete grant applications, particularly those directed at NSERC and FRQNT.
● Must hold a Doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in electrical engineering or computer science or equivalent. Be specialized in the field of Cyber-physical systems/Embedded Computing;
● Must be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ), or take the necessary steps to become one before applying for tenure;
● Must have industry experience or experience conducting research in close collaboration with industry. If the candidate does not have related industry experience, then such experience may be substituted by solid R&D experience, or the candidate must agree to acquire such experience through an industrial practicum;
● Must demonstrate excellent research and teaching skills;
● Must be proficient in written and spoken French in accordance with the ÉTS Language Policy, or demonstrate a willingness to learn French and embark on a francization process supported by ÉTS.
Submission of Applications
All applications shall be treated confidentially. Interested candidates must submit their application by January 15, 2020 (5 p.m. EST) to this email address: Candidatures_professeursELE@etsmtl.ca
The application shall include all these documents named as noted below:
• a cover letter cov_letter;
• a curriculum vitae CV;
• a statement of teaching goals teach_goals;
• pertinent details of three references references;
• a statement of their research plan res_plan;
• the Equal Access to Employment form
• a sample of research accomplishments (e.g. recent scientific articles) res_accomp.
All documents must be included. Otherwise, the application will not be evaluated. Please note that only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. For any further information, please contact Candidatures_professeursELE@etsmtl.ca
Salary and Terms
This is a tenure-track position. Salary and benefits will be determined in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Nevertheless, priority shall be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. It is important to mention in your application whether you are able to work in Canada in order for us to plan any necessary immigration process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Program
ÉTS has adopted and follows an equal employment opportunity program, and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal persons, visible and ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities. Please complete and attach the Equal Access to Employment form to your application.