INESC TEC is now accepting grant applications to award 1 Research Grant (BI) within the scope of the Plurianual_LA funded by National Funds through FCT - Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P., project (reference LA/P/0063/2020
Type of grant: Research Grant (BI)
General scientific area: ENGINEERING
Scientific subarea: Electrical engineering
Grant duration: 4 months 30 days, starting on 2023-01-02with the possibility of being renewed for a maximum term of one year, in cases where the grant has been awarded to students who are enrolled in non-award courses, or up to two years, in the cases of students enrolled in a master's degree.
Scientific advisor: António Valente
Workplace: INESC TEC, UTAD, Portugal
Maintenance stipend: € 875,98, according to the table of monthly maintenance stipend for FCT grants
(http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores), paid via bank transfer. Grant holders may be awarded potential supplements, according to a quarterly evaluation process (Articles 19, 21 and 22 of the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC and Annex II), up to a maximum limit of 50% of the monthly maintenance stipend. INESC TEC supports costs with registration, enrolment or tuition fees, during the grant duration, under the terms established in the internal document: "Payment of Tuition fees to grant holders". The grant holder will benefit from health insurance, supported by INESC TEC.
- Develop a control system for an electronic shower. The system will have to control the temperature and flow of the bath water using stepper motors. The various bath parameters will be introduced through a Bluethoot.
- Low-Energy (BLE) module and the bath data will have to be sent via WiFi using MQTT.
BRIEF PRESENTATION OF THE WORK PROGRAMME AND TRAINING:
- Study of instrumentation, sensing and communication protocols to be used
- Characterization and development of the control system
- Development of the Sensorization and Automation system and corresponding prototype
- Testing and validation of the developed system
- Documentation of the work developed.
- Graduation in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- The awarding of the fellowship is dependent on the applicants' enrolment in study cycle or non-award courses of Higher Education Institutions.
- Knowledge of C and/or C++ programming for microcontrollers Knowledge of CAD tools for the development of printed circuits Availability to work in Vila Real at the University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro
- Graduation in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Having completed a UC of Instrumentation and/or Sensors, or similar.
Application period: From 2022-11-24 to 2022-12-09
Submission of applications: the application will be formalised by submitting the form available in the Work With Us section of INESC TEC website.
BINDING LEGISLATION AND REGULATION
The hiring process shall comply with the current legislation regarding the Research Grant Holder Statute, approved by Law n.º 40/2004 of August 18, in its current wording, as well as by the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC and for FCT Grants Regulation in force. For more information, please check the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC and relevant annexes at