Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) invites applications for a Tenure-track Assistant Professor in Intelligent Systems.
Tenure-track Assistant Professor in Intelligent Systems
Established in 1981, the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering is one of the founding Schools of the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Built on a culture of excellence, the School is renowned for its high academic standards and research. To support advanced research, the School hosts 13 research centres and facilities which are well-equipped with sophisticated and state-of-the-art equipment. Besides the 13 centres, there are more than 50 laboratories, supporting both the teaching and research activities in the School.
Join the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of the College of Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore as a faculty member and embark on a challenging and exciting career in research innovations and teaching excellence, so as to prepare engineering leaders of the future.
- The job holder is expected to make useful contribution to fulfil the University’s vision and mission. Specifically, the candidate is expected to:
Secure research funding to build up research, and provide high quality research outputs in publications, invention disclosures, and engineering designs etc. in Intelligent Systems and other disciplines related to Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Engage in the development and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate curricula in Electrical and Electronic Engineering and related disciplines.
- Support, supervise and mentor undergraduate students in project works and other academic pursuits; and postgraduate research students in research projects and the development of their research careers.
- Play an active role in the life of the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, College of Engineering and the University by supporting activities around research, teaching, enterprise, student experience and widening participation
Successful candidates should have:
- A relevant PhD from a reputable university
- Excellent research in intelligent systems
- Established track record of research excellence
- Experience in cross-disciplinary research initiatives and collaboration
- Well-developed understanding of the priorities and strategies of relevant funding bodies will be an advantage
- Experience in the training and development of early career researchers and/or PhD students will be an advantage
- Strong network and ties with renowned international entities and organisations
- Strong conference and journal publications record
- Good written and verbal communications skills
Applicants are invited to submit their applications (cover letter, CV, research and teaching statements, and citation report, where applicable) through the NTU Singapore career portal.
Review of applications and shortlisting decision will be on an on-going basis until the position is filled.