- Opportunity to make a substantial contribution to teaching and research in Architecture
- Located at Darlington Campus
- Full time, continuing, Academic Level D, offering a base salary of $163K-$180K p.a. plus leave loading and 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
Our School of Architecture, Design and Planning is the top-ranked School in Australia for Architecture/Built Environment, we have a broad range of research interests and a vibrant and supportive culture.
We are committed to social justice, student centred programs, multi-disciplinarity, staff professional development, and engagement with industry and the community which is reflected in our recently launched strategic plan.
In this role you will provide teaching and research leadership in the field of architectural technologies including:
- teaching core and elective units in undergraduate and postgraduate programs in architecture
- mentoring early career researchers
- building research scale and focus to maximize opportunities for and success with external research funding.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. We are looking for an Associate Professor in Architectural Technologies aligned to these values and who has:
- a PhD in a field relevant to architectural, building and/or construction technologies
- demonstrated excellence and leadership in the teaching of architectural, building and/or construction technologies, particularly in architecture degree programs
- demonstrated research excellence as evidenced in a track record of research outputs in architectural, building and/or construction technologies
- a strong international reputation with established networks which can be leveraged to benefit the School
- a record of successfully mentoring early career academics in both teaching and research
- experience contributing to academic governance, engagement and administration at a senior level
- significant experience in attracting and supervising PhD students
- a record of success with external grant funding.
To be considered for this position, please outline your relevant skills and experience in your cover letter with reference to the above and attach to your online application.
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE and search by the job requisition number 0079759 to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm 27 June 2021
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.