INESC TEC is now accepting grant applications to award 1 Research Grant (BI) within the scope of the project
BigHPC, cofunded by the ERDF - European Regional Development Fund, through the Operational Programme for
Competitiveness and Internationalisation - COMPETE 2020 Programme and by National Funds through the FCT -
Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P. on the scope of the UT Austin Portugal Program on the
scope of POCI-01-0247-FEDER-045924.
- Type of grant: Research Grant (BI)
- General scientific area: COMPUTER SCIENCE
- Grant duration: 3 months, starting on 2023-01-01.
- Scientific advisor: João Marco
- Workplace: INESC TEC, Braga, Portugal
- Maintenance stipend: € 1144,64, according to the table of monthly maintenance stipend for FCT grants (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores), paid via bank transfer. Grant holders may be awarded potential supplements, according to a quarterly evaluation process (Articles 19, 21 and 22 of the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC and Annex II), up to a maximum limit of 50% of the monthly maintenance stipend. INESC TEC supports costs with registration, enrolment or tuition fees, during the grant duration, under the terms established in the internal document: "Payment of Tuition fees to grant holders". The grant holder will benefit from health insurance, supported by INESC TEC.
Within the context of non-authoritative digital identification systems, trust in the supporting infrastructure is fundamental for their acceptance and full use by attribute providers, identified individuals and service providers.
Thus, the work proposed in this grant aims at designing and developing proofs of concept of security mechanisms adapted to the operating environment of such systems. In particular, components that ensure the integrity and privacy of the involved entities data will be the object of exploratory research and scientificproduction. Considering the broad operation scenario of a personal identification system, challenges related to the volume of data stored and processed in attribute consolidation operations will also be central to the planned work. Thus, the design of strategies supported by distributed computing constitutes an objective within the scope of the grant.
BRIEF PRESENTATION OF THE WORK PROGRAMME AND TRAINING:
- Survey and study of non-authoritative electronic identification systems;
- Survey and specification of functional and non-functional requirements of non-authoritative electronic
- Design and development of components aimed at guaranteeing the integrity, confidentiality, availability and
non-repudiation of transactions carried out on these systems;
- Design and development of components that ensure the scalability of these systems;
- Design and implementation of proof-of-concept and evaluation scenarios for the developed components, with a
particular interest in HPC environments;
- Production of reports and scientific papers.
- Be enrolled in a doctoral programme in computer science or informatics engineering.
- The awarding of the fellowship is dependent on the applicants' enrolment in study cycle or non-award courses of
Higher Education Institutions.
- Experience in Information Security; knowledge of digital identity systems; knowledge about self-sovereign identity systems anda experience in the production of technical reports and scientific papers.
- Knowledge of Linux system administration;
- Knowledge of cryptography and information security;
- Knowledge of distributed systems;
- Knowledge of application development;
- Knowledge of development in Python, Java and C languages;
- Proficiency in English and Portuguese languages.
Application period: From 2022-11-23 to 2022-12-07
Submission of applications: the application will be formalised by submitting the form available in the Work With
Us section of INESC TEC website.
BINDING LEGISLATION AND REGULATION
The hiring process shall comply with the current legislation regarding the Research Grant Holder Statute, approved by Law no. 40/2004 of August 18, in its current wording, as well as by the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC and for FCT Grants Regulation in force. For more information, please check the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC and relevant annexes at www.inesctec.pt/bolsas.