The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) invites applications for a researcher position in the department of Architecture and Sustainable Design (ASD).
We are starting an exciting new research project regarding the digital transformation of urban planning processes in collaboration with the Singapore government and major built environment industry partners. The project start date is January 2022 and will run for two years.
We seek for design computation researchers interested in creating novel analysis and design tools for aiding regulatory urban planning and building design processes. Both positions available are relevant to machine learning with the first pivoting about Data Analytics and the second Design Rule Checking.
Applicants may submit their CV as well as relevant project work samples, where relevant, directly to Assoc. Prof. Stylianos Dritsas . Shortlisted applicant will be contacted for interview.
- Development of computer software for data extraction and pre-processing of building information modelling datasets and analysis of spatial, circulatory, and regulatory metrics.
- Design of user interface for presentation and communication of analysis results with stake holders using web front-end technologies.
- Academic background in the built environment such as architecture or engineering.
- Experience in Building Information Modelling software such as Autodesk Revit (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of software development using C#, Python (or equivalent).
- Familiarity with web development techniques is desirable but not strictly required.