Architectural (Building & Construction) Engineering - Other
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto has six schools with nearly 11 000 students and a staff of more than 4000, of which 400 are professors. Our main campus is located in the Helsinki metropolitan area, Finland. Diversity is part of who we are, and we actively work to ensure our community’s diversity and inclusiveness in the future as well. This is why we warmly encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to join our community.
The School of Arts, Design and Architecture (ARTS) is an institution of higher education for design, media, architecture, motion picture, art education and art. The current key areas of research are design, digital media, audiovisual representation, art, visual culture, welfare architecture and emerging technologies as well as urban planning and design. The school produces specialists and innovators of art, design and architecture with strong artistic and technical skills.
As part of our EU-H2020 project, Social Cohesion, Participation, and Inclusion through Cultural Heritage we offer a fixed term position at the Department of Media for an interdisciplinary
in the area of New Media and Virtual Museology. The position might be either one year full time or 2-year part time (50%) working time. The candidates are expected to hold a doctoral degree.
Your role and goals You will work as part of the team in the Systems of Representation research group. Experience required extends to domains encompassing:
1. Data analytics, network visualization and social media in the context of cultural heritage.
2. Interactive visualization design and implementation.
The work realized in these domains will be used to support and further develop citizen curation methods and activities through co-design.
Your network and team
You will be based in the Media Lab at Aalto ARTS and will work closely with Design Museum Helsinki as well as other members of SPICE consortium.
Your experience and ambitions Requirements for the position:
- Experience with visual communication, especially working with dynamic information visualizations.
- Thorough knowledge of social media applications and their APIs.
- Fluency in Finnish and good communication and writing skills in English.
- Track record and technical proficiency to realize the project's ideas.
- Record of previous publications would be valuable.
- The person must be able to relocate to Finland.
Salary and contract terms The salary is determined based on applicant's experience and qualifications according to the salary system of Aalto University, minimum of 3630 €/month. The position is scheduled to start between May and August 2021. It is located in the Otaniemi campus of Aalto University in Espoo, Helsinki metropolitan area.
How to apply? Please submit your application through our recruiting system in https://www.aalto.fi/en/open-positions/project-specialist-in-the-area-of-new-media-and-virtual-museology. Please include the following documents in English, in PDF format, combined to 4-5 files:
1. Application letter
2. Scanned degree certificates from each university attended, including official register of study courses taken for the latest degrees (transcripts of records).
3. Curriculum Vitae (CV) including list of publications, if applicable.
4. Portfolio or documentation demonstrating experience in the aforementioned domains.
5. A possible letter of recommendation.
More information For further inquiries and recruitment process related questions, please contact HR Coordinator Ilona Kallio, Ilona.kallio(at)aalto.fi.
Aalto University reserves the right, for justified reasons, to leave the position open, to extend the application period, and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
HR Coordinator Ilona Kallio Department of Media Aalto University School of Arts, Design and Architecture Otaniementie 14 Helsinki Finland