Assistant Professor of Physics and Engineering
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, the E.S. Witchger School of Engineering at Marian University located in Indianapolis seeks qualified applicants for a dynamic and innovative leader for a tenure-track position in Physics and Engineering at the Assistant Professor level. Exceptional candidates are sought in physics with a background in electronics. Some experience with electronic hardware and programming is preferable but not required. Commitment to excellent and innovative undergraduate teaching is required. A research agenda involving undergraduate students is highly desired. This position reports to the Dean of the E.S. Witchger School of Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Teaching load is 24 credits per academic year.
- Teach a variety of courses within Physics and Engineering, and possibly within the general education curriculum.
- Serve as primary academic advisor for students pursuing electrical and computer engineering; engage undergraduate students in research projects and implement research into the electrical engineering curriculum.
- Actively participate in curriculum development and assessment within the department, especially electrical engineering applications within the engineering program; actively participate in the ongoing development and implementation of the E.S. Witchger School of Engineering and college activities and projects.
- Engage in research, scholarship, and other professional activities; participate in the life of the campus and university service, including participation in faculty governance and co-curricular programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A completed Ph.D. in Physics or Applied Physics with a focus on Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related field by date of hire.
- A minimum of two (2) years of teaching experience at a college or university.
- Demonstrated potential for excellence and innovation in student-centered instruction.
- Commitment to ongoing research, publication, and activity in professional associations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player who can collaborate with colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
Review of applications will immediately and will remain open until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, current CV, teaching statement, research statement, contact information for 3 professional references, and responses to supplemental mission questions. Information requests should be sent to WitchgerEngineering@marian.edu
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: