VISTING INSTRUCTOR OF
ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
GEORGIA SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in the Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing at Georgia Southern University has a visiting instructor position open for which we seek to make a hire for the 2020-2021 academic year. The home campus for this position will be the Statesboro campus. The desired areas of specialization include teaching MATLAB & C programming languages, Logic Circuit Design and lab (Quartus and VHDL), Microcontrollers, Microelectronics (Multisim), and Computer Design and Architecture.
At Georgia Southern, visiting instructors normally teach fifteen credit hours per semester, hold regular office hours, participate in service on assessment and curriculum committees; and actively participate in departmental meetings and activities. Collegiality is essential. All visiting positions are non-tenure track, academic year (9/10 month) appointments. Appointments are for one year only, although there is the possibility of reappointment should funding permit and based upon satisfactory performance. The second year would be a terminal year, without exception.
1. Terminal degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering by August 1, 2020
2. Bachelor's degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering
3. An ability to teach programming courses (Matlab and C), Logic Circuit Design with lab (Quartus & VHDL), Microcontrollers with lab, Microelectronics with lab, Computer Design & Architecture with lab, and Multisim software
4. An ability to engage with institutional student success initiatives
5. Authorization to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the institution
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continues until the position is filled. The position starting date is August 1, 2020. A complete electronic application consists of (1) a letter addressing the qualifications cited above; (2) a curriculum vitae; and (3) the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least 3 professional references.
Applications and nominations should be sent via email as a singled PDF file using "Search 12027" as the subject to:
Dr. Salman Siddiqui, Search Chair, Search #12027
Georgia Southern University
Georgia is an open records state. Georgia Southern is an AA/EO Institution. Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA to participate in the search process should contact the Vice Provost.