Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania, USA is seeking applications for its Heart Institute Postdoctoral Fellows Program for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in theory and applications of machine learning and computational intelligence algorithms
- Prior experience in classification and pattern recognition algorithms
- Knowledge of data structures, find signals/patterns within structured and unstructured data
- Experience in coding mathematical/scientific computing languages (Python is preferable, but Matlab, R, etc. are acceptable)
- Ability to analyze large volumes of high dimensional datasets such as genomic, clinical electronic medical record data, medical images (ECG, echocardiography, CTA, CMR, etc.).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to present research findings in impactful conferences.
- Experience in preparation of industry, foundation, and federal grant applications, and manuscripts in peer-reviewed domain-relevant journals.
The research tracks will be in cardiovascular disease precision medicine, risk stratification, and prevention. Examples include Computer interpretable guidelines, clinical decision supporting system, machine learning, and deep learning applied in cardiovascular genomics, risk stratificantion, prevention in children.
The successful candidates may have access to mentorship, resources, and data at Geisinger Health System (e.g., MyCode (New England Journal of Medicine. 378 (12): 1096-1106), and DiscovEHR (Science. 354 (6319): aaf6814. doi:10.1126/science.aaf6814. PMID 28008009), and other collaborating institutions, e.g., University of Massachusetts Lowell, Drexel University, Temple University, Georgia Institute of Technology, etc.
Interested candidates should send a CV, letter of intent, and contact information for three references to "firstname.lastname@example.org" and "ZhenglunAlan_Wei@uml.edu" with a "Postdoctoral Fellowship in Translational Cardiovascular Disease Research in 2021-2022 in the subject line.
Thank you in advance for your interest in our program, and we look forward to your application.