The Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, provides strategic direction, academic planning leadership and administrative oversight to achieve the highest standards in STEM education. As a member of the University’s senior administrative team, the Dean will promote innovative approaches to program delivery, The Dean serves as a member of the University’s senior administrative team and promotes innovative approaches to program delivery, increased research and community service output, and improved retention and graduation rates. The Dean will also work collaboratively with academic, industry and public sectors to further enhance the regional and national stature of the Faculty.
The Dean directs, manages, supervises and coordinates the programs and activities of the Faculty. The Dean is also responsible for coordinating assigned activities with other University departments and to provide responsible and thoughtful administrative support to Academic Affairs. The Dean serves as a senior officer at SU and provides leadership and general management of the following study programs:
Computer Science and Informatics
Visual Communications and Design
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A doctoral degree in engineering or related fields from an accredited and recognized institution. Graduation from an ABET-accredited institution is a requirement.
Experience: At least three years of responsible administrative experience in higher education, with a record of teaching, scholarship and research.
Skills: Demonstrated success in administrative leadership, managing budgets, management, operation, accreditation and continuous improvement of educational programs is expected. The Dean must project a strong positive image of the Faculty and the University through public speaking, personal interaction with parents, faculty, staff, students, and other key stakeholders (i.e. government, community and industry partners).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide academic and administrative leadership to ensure that goals related to student success, research and community service are met by the Faculty of Engineering and Technology.
2. Create an environment that supports and enhances the development, implementation, growth and expansion of disciplinary and interdisciplinary educational opportunities.
3. Maximize use of faculty and physical resources to effectively and efficiently serve students.
4. Lead and coordinate efforts to establish clear goals related to scholarly and research output for the benefit of the Faculty and the University.
5. Oversee direct hiring of all full and part time faculty consistent with the mission of SU and the requirements for both Indonesian and American accreditation.
6. Provide sound and effective fiscal management of resources allocated to FET. Lead efforts to establish external financial support through partnerships with external public and private organizations or by establishing auxiliary operations.
7. Lead efforts of faculty and staff within FET to improve student retention and success in collaboration with Academic Affairs and Student Affairs.
8. Leads planning efforts within FET and ensures alignment with the SU Strategic Plan, the Facilities Plan and other related long-term planning documents.
9. Other tasks and duties as assigned.
The Dean of Student Affairs supervises the major units within the Division of Student Affairs and is supervised by a Vice Rector.