Lecturer – Software Engineering
*School of Systems and Enterprises *
The School of Systems and Enterprises (SSE) at Stevens Institute of Technology offers a 9-month Lecturer – Software Engineering position. The Lecturer will contribute to a dynamic and growing educational program in the areas of software engineering and complex systems, and underlying enabling technologies, such as machine learning, data engineering, and embedded systems. The individual is expected to deliver a first-class teaching experience that offers undergraduate and graduate students a providing an exceptional, practice-based, and research-supported education that translates immediately into expertise that students can take to the workplace.
Duties include teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels, advising undergraduate students, as well as contributing to service to Stevens and to the professional community.
- Applicants must possess a doctoral degree in a related engineering or science discipline prior to commencement of employment.
- At least five years of relevant teaching or related instructional experience in a university or comparable setting.
- At least five years of relevant industry-based professional expertise that translates into educating students for the workplace.
- Experience with advising and/or mentoring desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
School of Systems & Enterprises
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.