A Level D academic is expected to make a significant contribution to all activities of the organisational unit or interdisciplinary area and play a significant role within their profession or discipline. Academics at this level may be appointed in recognition of distinction in their disciplinary area.
Specific duties required of a Level D academic may include:
1. The preparation and delivery of lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and clinical sessions
2. Initiation and development of course materials
3. Course coordination including offering guidance to assistant lecturers and supervision of sessional staff in teaching unit/s if required
4. Consultation with students and supervision of PhD, honours and postgraduate students
5. Preparation and assessment of student assignments and examinations
6. Conduct of original research that will lead to publications in refereed journals or with high level academic or commercial publishers and attract external and government funding
7. Significant role in research project including, where appropriate, leadership of a research team
8. Significant contribution to the profession and/or discipline both nationally and internationally
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
1. The appointee will have:
- a doctoral qualification and/or recognised significant experience in the relevant discipline area
In determining experience relative to qualifications, regard shall be had to teaching experience, experience in research, experience outside tertiary education, creative achievement, professional contributions and/or contributions to technical achievement. In addition, a position at this level will normally require a record of demonstrable scholarly and professional achievement in the relevant discipline area.
- Must be eligible to register as Graduate Engineer with Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM). For non-Malaysians with Bachelor of Engineering qualifications from non-Malaysian universities, professional qualifications recognised by BEM can be considered as equivalent to being registered as Graduate Engineer.
Knowledge and Skills
2. A strong publication record in high-quality journals or equivalent and outstanding contribution to the discipline
3. Successful track record in obtaining external research grants
4. Record of successful supervision of postgraduate research students and the ability to make a significant contribution to postgraduate training programs
5. Demonstrated excellence in teaching in the relevant discipline area (i.e. through evaluations, innovation in presentation and through curriculum development)
6. Demonstrated ability to mentor staff and students
7. High level of interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues, students and members of community and professional bodies
8. Demonstrated leadership in committees and other administrative work and portfolios
9. Proven ability to promote the discipline internally within the university as well as externally both nationally and internationally
10. A demonstrated capacity to work in a collegiate manner with other staff in the workplace
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and key selection criteria document to email@example.com, and quote the job number.
Monash University is Australia’s largest university and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research intensive universities. Monash consistently rates in the top 100 universities in the world. In the 2019 QS Top Universities ranking, Monash ranked 58 in the world in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Monash University Malaysia (MUM) is Monash’s third largest campus, with over 8000 students and 900 staff. We are a comprehensive campus offering degrees in business, engineering, medicine, science, information technology, pharmacy, social science and humanities. We are rated among the very best among universities in Malaysia, and the quality of our research output positions us among the very best universities in Southeast Asia.
MUM provides Monash University with a platform for scholarly engagement with the dynamic Southeast Asia region. We are located in greater Kuala Lumpur, in the Klang Valley, one of the region’s industrial hotspots. We sit in the heart of the rapidly developing economic corridor linking Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and beyond. Our education and research is oriented towards deep engagement with this dynamic social and industrial landscape.
In 2018, we celebrated our twentieth anniversary in Malaysia. During this time we have produced more than 16,000 graduates from more than 70 different countries. We provide a diverse and inclusive scholarly environment.
Monash is a six Star SETARA university as rated by the Malaysian Ministry of Education. This places us in the very top "outstanding" cohort of Malaysian Universities.
For further information see www.monash.edu.my.
The School of Engineering continues to grow rapidly, particularly in the delivery of undergraduate programs, and through the expansion of its facilities and infrastructure. In addressing global engineering challenges of the 21st century, the expansion of research activities in our Malaysian campus is of high priority for the University, reflected by the significant increase of school collaborative partnership with the industry sector, and through the offering of the Higher Degrees by Research, the Master of Engineering Science (Research) and the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). The School currently has close to 1,500 undergraduate students, consisting of approximately 70 academic staff, and 42 professional and technical support staff.
The School offers the 4-year Bachelor degree in 6 disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering and Software Engineering. These are the 6 core disciplines of Engineering, driven by the strong and growing demand for capable graduates in Malaysia, the Asian region and beyond.
In line with the School Development Plan and to meet the thriving market demand, the school has recently started to offer the Master of Advanced Engineering (Energy and Sustainability), a 1-year Master by coursework program.
For further information: www.eng.monash.edu.my