Postdoctoral Research Scholar in Clean Energy
Position Title: Postdoctoral Research Scholar
Location: Boone, NC
Department: Appalachian Energy Center
Description of University
Appalachian State University, in North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains, prepares students to lead purposeful lives as global citizens who understand and engage their responsibilities in creating a sustainable future for all. The transformational Appalachian experience promotes a spirit of inclusion that brings people together in inspiring ways to acquire and create knowledge, to grow holistically, to act with passion and determination, and embrace diversity and difference. As one of 17 campuses in the University of North Carolina system, Appalachian enrolls about 19,000 students, has a low student-to-faculty ratio and offers more than 150 undergraduate and graduate majors.
Doctoral degree, in the clean energy domain or relevant field of engineering, from an appropriately accredited institution is required.
Research, project work, and grant writing experience in clean energy domains and/or in the field of grid-interactive buildings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary purpose of the Postdoctoral Research Scholar is the generation of external funding through the pursuit of federal and other grant opportunities in the clean energy domain. The position will also provide research and technical support for existing programs and grant-funded projects of the Appalachian Energy Center. Principal duties and responsibilities of the Postdoctoral Research Scholar include:
- Update, retain and apply current working knowledge of building energy efficiency, grid interactive building technologies, and other clean energy technology topics.
- Identify and apply for funding from government agencies and/or private organizations as principal or co-principal investigator to support and further develop Appalachian Energy Center program activities.
- Coordinate clean energy research activities including those involving public agencies, private and non-profit entities, educational organizations, community members, staff, faculty, and students of Appalachian State University.
- Disseminate work performed under these duties through journal articles, conference presentations/proceedings, practitioner meetings and other gatherings of energy industry stakeholders.
- Contribute to the strategic planning and reporting of research activities within the broader goals of the Appalachian Energy Center, the University’s research enterprise and within the context of community needs.
Type of Position: Full Time Position
Ability to Work Remotely: Yes
Work Schedule/Hours: Flexible within normal business hours of Mon.-Fri., 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., with occasional exceptions.
Number of Hours Per Week: 40
Number of Months Per Year: 12
Suggested Salary Range: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Posting Date: 06/05/2020
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Evaluation of Applications Begins: 06/15/2020
Proposed Date of Hire: 07/01/2020
Quick Link http://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/25927