University of Doha for Science and Technology (UDST) is the first national applied University offering applied bachelor's and master's degrees in addition to certificates and diplomas in various fields.
UDST has 58 programs in the fields of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades, Business Management, Computing and Information Technology, Health Sciences, Continuous Education and development and more. The University is recognized for its student-centered learning and state-of-the-art training facilities. UDST boasts more than 20 years of experience in Qatar; it started as a College and transformed into a university in 2021.
With more than 600 staff and over 6,000 students, UDST is the destination for Applied Technical education in Qatar. Our faculty are committed to developing the students’ skills and help raise well-equipped graduates that are proudly contributing to a knowledge-based economy and making the Qatar National Vision 2030 a reality.
The College of Computing and Information Technology (CCIT) invites applications for positions at the level of Teaching Assistant in the College of Computing and Information Technology. The College offers several trendy programs such Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (Computer Systems, Network Systems, and Cloud Computing & Big Data), Bachelor of Science in Data Science and AI (AI & Data Analytics, AI & IoT), Bachelor of Science in Data & Cyber Security (Ethical Hacking, Cyber Defense, Industrial Control Systems Security, Cyber Security Policy and Governance), and a Bachelor of Science in Information Systems (Software Development, Mobile & Web Development, and Database Design & Administration).
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position requires an energetic and enthusiastic individual who will assist in developing and delivering lectures and laboratory projects, and support applied student learning development.
Candidates should have an outstanding record of industry experience in Computer Science, Information systems, Software Engineering, or related field, and possess the qualifications necessary to be successful in the role of Lab Instructor. The successful candidate is responsible to assist in the preparation and delivery of lessons, laboratory projects, and in the planning and organization of instruction to maximize student retention. Candidates will assist in the design and delivery of laboratory projects to facilitate applied practice based learning and monitor student work in a laboratory setting.
Candidates will be responsible for the maintenance of laboratory areas and equipment and will ensure the safety of the laboratory during lessons and the equipment and materials are handled according to college health and safety policies and procedures.
Responsibilities will also include to support the Lead Instructor with the maintenance of course portfolio documents required for accreditation processes and to support the faculty in marking students’ papers, exams in line with the guidelines and to monitor class attendance as required.
The Lab instructor will attend departmental meetings and participate in initiatives to monitor and enhance student learning development.
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering (or equivalent) from a recognized, accredited institution.
Experience working as part of a team in an educational setting, preferably in a postsecondary institution along with relevant industry experience.
Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
Bilingual in English and Arabic is preferable.
- Relevant professional certification and/or licensure from industry vendors in Computing and Information Technology.
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Education (e.g. Post-Secondary Education, Adult Education, or Vocational Education).
Other Required Skills:
- A thorough knowledge and work experience in different areas of Computing and IT systems as indicated above.
- Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of the University mandate.
- Willingness to work as part of an instructional team to support instruction and facilitate learner development.
- Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context, and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in program outcomes.
- Proficiency in Technology Enhanced Learning, e-learning platforms and new pedagogy.
- Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning.
- Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted via our online application portal.
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application, which may include (but need not be limited to) curricula vitae, cover letters, and references.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.