The Allen School of Engineering & Computing at Trine University invites applications for a faculty position in the Bachelor of Science degree program in Design Engineering Technology beginning as early as January of 2023. The faculty member must be committed to delivering instruction in the design engineering technology program with passion, vision, and enthusiasm for teaching while working in concert with the other faculty to continually maintain the relevance of and improve the quality of the curriculum.
Competitive candidates will show potential for excellence in classroom teaching and will demonstrate strong skills and experience in plastics part design and have experience and interest in the following areas; Solidworks, NX, GD&T, Statics, organic and inorganic design, additive manufacturing and finite element analysis. Candidates must demonstrate evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The successful candidate will be expected to engage in outreach and service activities and contribute to best practices and/or education research in the discipline.
The ideal candidate will have an earned doctoral degree in a field related to engineering technology, mechanical engineering, or engineering education, by the contract start date. Candidates with a master’s degree in a field related to engineering technology, mechanical engineering, or engineering education by the contract start date, will also be considered. Candidates with relevant work experience in one or more of the above-mentioned fields are preferred.
Salary and benefits are highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service Education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy