Staff Scientist position in the field of “advanced experimental methods in energy technology - especially optical diagnostics of energy conversion phenomena”
We are seeking outstanding individuals who have demonstrated excellence in addressing challenges in experimental research and optical diagnostics on the scope of energy conversion phenomena.
The position is in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. The position is intended to support the Department in high quality scientific work. A focal point in the position is the mastering of advanced optical methods, including Natural Luminosity, Schlieren Method, Laser Induced Fluorescence (LIF) and Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV). High-level skills on advanced post-processing of experimental data is a requirement of the position.
The duties in the position:
We are looking for applicants with:
- carrying out advanced experimental measurement in close collaboration with professors
- contribution to teaching and instruction/supervision of master- and doctoral-level students in Energy Technology and Advanced Experimental Methods
- taking part in teaching, at least one master level course
- active promotion, leadership and management of national and international competitive funding applications, together with professors of the School of Engineering
- active publishing in high-level impact journals
- alignment with code of conduct, values and mission of Aalto University.
Salary and contract terms:
- doctoral degree in relevant area
- experience in optical diagnostics
- competitive number of publications and impact factor in the field of Energy Technology
- capability for both independent work and work in teams
- high level communication skills, fluent oral and written English
- preference will be given to evidence on expertise and experimental experience with Hydrogen and/or Hydrogen carriers.
The Staff Scientist position will be permanent. The starting salary will be set according to Salary System for Universities. The starting date can be negotiated but it should be on January 1, 2023 at the latest.
Ready to apply?
If you want to join our community, please submit your application through our recruitment system using link “apply now” below no later than November 18, 2022
To apply, please share the following application materials with us, in English, in PDF format
- Motivation letter, including two names with respective contact information, for reference and recommendation
- Curriculum vitae - Please use the template (opens in new window) recommended by The Finnish Advisory Board on Research Integrity (TENK).
- Research portfolio - For instructions, visit Policies and Procedures -document, page 24.
- Copies of the five most significant publications
- Teaching portfolio - See Teaching portfolio guidelines for candidate (pdf)
Aalto University’s employees and visitors should apply for the position by using their existing Workday user account. Please see how to do it here
If you wish to hear more about the position or us, please contact group leader Professor Martti Larmi, email@example.com
. In case you have questions related to the recruitment process, please contact HR Coordinator Anna-Maija Harju firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more about us and your future colleagues? You can watch these videos: Aalto University - Towards a better world, Aalto People, and Shaping a Sustainable Future. And this webpage about Aalto and Finland. https://www.aalto.fi/en/services/welcome-to-aalto-university-and-finland-info-package
Check out our new virtual campus experience: https://virtualtour.aalto.fi/
More about Aalto University: