Assistant Professor/Director Of Engineering Technology
As part of diverse community of faculty and Staff who represent many faith system and worldviews Marian University’s Saint Joseph’s College in Indianapolis, IN, seeks a dynamic and innovative leader for a non-tenure track, 12-month Assistant Professor/Director of Engineering Technology to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by the candidates can teach courses in CAD drafting-mechanical/civil, construction technology, and/or motorsports. Other responsibilities include experience in Workforce Development or Student Support Services. Our mission is rooted in the liberal arts and driven by the desire to expand educational opportunities to a diverse student population. We seek enthusiastic, team-oriented instructors to participate in a hands-on, innovative new curriculum and engage our students by building community partnerships and on-the-job learning opportunities. The institution will offer Associate’s Degrees in Business and Liberal Arts through an “earn and learn” model where students are employed while pursuing their degrees. In addition to sharing the knowledge of their discipline, successful candidates are expected to have a multi-disciplinary background and can teach courses in the general education curriculum. This position is a 12-month contract.
As part of your overall commitment to teaching excellence, you will be well-versed in the appropriate use of technology and ready to contribute to innovative curriculum development and delivery. You will be expected to develop strong relationships with colleagues, inspire and prepare students through your teaching, and demonstrate a high level of organization and communication ability. The teaching load is 24 credit hours per year 12 months. Additional responsibilities include advising students, engaging in appropriate professional activities, remaining current in the field, engaging in service to the department, college, and broader communities, and fostering community partnerships. We seek professionals who are thoughtful and creative leaders who can add immediate value in the complex environment of private higher education and offer our students advanced teaching approaches and personal attention. Being flexible, demonstrating grit, and being a great teammate are absolute necessities to being on the Saint Joe’s team. Also, an unwavering commitment to your students and community is essential. If this type of work sounds like you, we encourage you to apply. Marian University is a Catholic, comprehensive, regional institution of higher education dedicated to excellent teaching and learning in the traditions of the Franciscan and liberal arts. It offers a multitude of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs. Marian University has been experiencing significant growth over the last decade and is expanding its academic offerings in many areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Teach 24 credits
- Collaborate closely with fellow faculty and administrators in curriculum and course design,
- Coordinate with employers to blend student workplace experience with academics,
- Participate in intensive advising, mentorship, and recruitment of students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University,
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. preferred) but certifications and previous work experience will be considered,
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to innovative, flexible, and engaging pedagogy, including active discussion environments and project-based learning,
- Demonstrated ability or potential to teach across multiple areas and disciplines,
- Experience working with underserved students or desire to work with those populations,
- Experience in team-teaching and close collaboration with colleagues across disciplinary line.
Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current CV, three letters of recommendation, and evidence of teaching effectiveness, including a statement of teaching philosophy.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.