Post Doctoral Fellow (Job F#65)
Posting Date: September 29, 2021 Posting End Date: November 29, 2021
Position: Post-Doctoral Fellow Location: Materials Science and Engineering Department
Status: Full Time
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University becoming "One Tuskegee", the ideal Post-Doctoral Fellow possess the willingness to use their expertise in transforming Tuskegee into a leading 21st century living and learning environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Must conduct research in advanced materials and teach courses, as assigned by the research mentor and the department of Materials Science and Engineering.
- Must assist faculty in the Department of Materials Science and in Engineering in acquiring new equipment and maintaining existing equipment
- Must be able to supervise research of graduate and undergraduate students assigned by the Research mentor and the Department Head.
- Must publish research findings in refereed journals and conference proceedings
- Must attend all meetings and seminars organized by the Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Must be able to keep track of the status of all purchase requisitions and check requests initiated by faculty in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Must have a PhD in Materials Science and Engineering, or Physics or chemical, mechanical engineering.
Experience with SEM.TEM and Raman analysis of polymer composites is desirable
Must have gained significant experience in materials synthesis and characterization.
Record of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Experience in scientific equipment maintenance is desirable
Must communicate effectively orally and in writing
Commensurate with education, training, and experience; Salary is contingent upon outside funding.
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
Applications are available at the following link:
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) letters of recommendation (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints. Application packets with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form 1-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.