The Department of Civil Engineering, Construction Management, and Environmental Engineering at Northern Arizona University is accepting applications for a full-time, non-tenure track, benefit-eligible Lecturer position in our Civil and Environmental Engineering programs. We can accommodate start dates of August 2021 (Fall 2021 semester) or January 2022 (Spring 2022 semester). The successful candidate will teach introductory and foundational courses in our undergraduate civil and environmental engineering programs. The typical teaching load for non-tenure track is four three-unit courses per semester. Course assignments may include statics, mechanics of materials, computer aided drafting, surveying, introductory geotechnical engineering, and engineering analysis.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or a related field, and teaching experience at the university level.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related field
- Engineer in Training or Professional Engineering license
- 2+ years of experience teaching college-level courses as instructor of record, specifically in the Civil and Environmental engineering disciplines
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching and teaching improvement/use of technology
- Experience with course development and assessment of teaching and learning
- Experience mentoring students and supervising graduate teaching assistants
- Knowledge of ABET
- Professional engineering experience
- Demonstrated commitment to non-bias/inclusion and the ability to relate to a diverse student population.
This vacancy will be open until filled or closed. Review of applications will begin on July 7, 2021.
$70,000 – $75,000
Salary for the nine-month academic year, depending on qualifications and experience