Ph. D. graduate assistant positions with full financial support are available as early as Spring 2022 in Construction Automation, Robotics, and Ergonomics (CARE) Lab in the School of Construction Management Technology (SCMT) at Purdue University. The admitted students are expected to work with Dr. Yunfeng Chen in the general domains of human factors and technology for construction and transportation.
Dr. Chen has received multiple research grants from state and national funding agents, such as the Georgia Department of Transportation, the Indiana Department of Transportation, and the National Science Foundation. More information about Dr. Chen’s research and CARE Lab can be found here: https://polytechnic.purdue.edu/care-lab
- B.S. and M.S. in Construction, Civil, IE, CS, Math and related fields.
- TOEFL (90 minimum)/IELTS (6.5 minimum)
- GRE (Verbal/Quantitative/Writing: 148/148/3.5 minimum)
- Strong statistical and programming skills
- Previous research experience and publications
- Interests and experiences in two or more of the following areas: (1) Building Information Modeling (BIM)/Infrastructure Information Modeling (IIM); (2) Automation and AI; (3) Ergonomics and Human Factors; (4) Optimization and Simulation; (5) AR/VR and Game; (6) Construction and Transportation Safety.
Please email Dr. Yunfeng Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents:
2. Statement of Purpose
3. Official GRE and TOEFL scores
4. Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
5. Three letters of recommendations or names and contact information for three references