The German University in Cairo- GUC (Cairo Campus)
Faculty of Media Engineering and Technology
The German University in Cairo invites applications for vacancies to be filled effective October 2021 or February 2022.
The German University in Cairo is looking for a personality with proven scientific and professional experience in the field of practical computer science with a focus on programming and modeling languages. We expect in-depth knowledge in modern programming languages, programming tools, analysis and compilation techniques as well as in modeling languages, modeling tools and techniques, and data management tools.
- Candidates should hold a PhD or Doctorate in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate their extensive professional experience through particular achievements in the application or development of scientific knowledge and methods in at least five years of professional practice after graduation. Of these, at least three years must have been exercised outside the higher education sector.
- Track record of collaborative research and successful supervision
- Excellent teaching ability at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
- High capacity to develop pedagogical innovations and to manage a study programme
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
Successful candidates are expected to be committed to excellence in undergraduate or graduate teaching. Preference will be given to candidates who have a record of accomplishment in independent and applied research.
Candidates should hold a doctorate/PhD in a related area and should demonstrate a track record or potential for conducting and supervising leading research projects.
The German University in Cairo is an Egyptian Private University, established in cooperation with the German State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Embassy in Cairo, the Arab/German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK), the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Universities of Stuttgart, Ulm, Mannheim, and Tübingen. Situated at the ancient city of Cairo, the GUC’s mission is to achieve excellence in teaching and research.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications before 30th of May 2021.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com)