Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Tenure-Track Faculty Positions
The School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) is one of the top 7 mechanical and aerospace engineering schools in the world. With well-established industry partnerships, MAE provides an active and vibrant research environment with excellent R&D infrastructure and numerous opportunities for research funding. The school has an enrolment of over 2500 undergraduate students with over 90 faculty members and 140 full-time research staff working in well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories. A growing research student population of over 400 is also actively engaged in strategic research and development work.
We invite highly qualified candidates in the following expertise areas to join its dynamic team of faculty.
- Smart Engineering Design and Innovation
- Possess relevant Bachelor and PhD degrees from reputable universities.
- A good research track record, and postdoctoral experience would be advantageous.
- Relevant industry experience with a passion for education
- Expertise in the following areas, design informatics, smart product design, artificial intelligence in design, virtual product development, intelligent design ontology, design for the flexible adoption of new technologies, design automation for digital manufacturing and digital twins, will be advantageous.
- An excellent teaching record at either undergraduate or graduate levels
- Track record of translational research work with industry relevance would be preferred.
Successful candidates are expected to teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, supervise graduate students and undergraduate projects. Candidates on tenure-track would also be expected to acquire research funding and conduct research.
- An active and vibrant research environment
- Excellent R&D infrastructure and opportunities for research funding
- Well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories
- Attractive research start-up grants and PhD student scholarships
- A competitive remuneration package and attractive benefits
Applicants are invited to submit their applications (cover letter and CV) through the NTU career portal,