The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga College of Engineering and Computer Science invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor, Cyber Security, with the anticipated starting date of August 1, 2023.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers degrees at the BS, MS, and PhD levels as follows:
• BS degree in Computer Science with concentrations in Software Systems, Data Science, STEM Education, and Cyber Security
• BS degree in Computer Engineering
• BAS degree in Information Technology - Cyber Security
• MS degree in Computer Science with concentrations in Computer Science, Data Science, and Cyber Security
• MS degree in Data Analytics (a joint program with the Rollins College of Business)
• PhD in Computational Science, Computer Science concentration
The successful candidate will be expected to teach and conduct research in their areas of specialization.
A successful candidate will possess the following requirements:
• PhD degree in Computer Science or a closely-related field. Individuals who are “all but dissertation” (ABD) will be considered; however, the degree must be awarded before employment starts.
• Proven teaching and research experience in Computer Science or a closely-related field.
• Ability to teach introductory/advanced courses in Computer Science or a closely-related field.
• Ability and experience to actively seek external research funding and publish scholarly work in peer-reviewed journals and/or conferences appropriate to the field.
• Willingness to engage in assisting the UTC campus in its ability to reach additional goals as specified in UTC’s Strategic Plan and the college’s strategic plan, including a demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Applicants should submit the following materials using UTC’s online application system to be considered for the position:
• Cover letter/letter of interest
• CV, including up-to-date personal contact information (e-mail, phone, etc.)
• Unofficial transcripts
• Teaching statement
• Research statement
• Additionally, candidates will need to include names, titles, and e-mail addresses for three (3) references who will be requested to write confidential letters of recommendation, once a candidate becomes a finalist.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Preference will be given to those qualified candidates who apply by January 15, 2023.
Applications must be submitted electronically through the UTC Faculty Career Site. On the website, use the keyword section on top of the page and enter ‘Assistant’, to easily locate and use the ‘Apply’ tap to submit the application materials.