Postdoctoral Position in Computational Plasticity for Additive Manufacturing
There is an immediate opening for a postdoctoral researcher position in Professor Albert To’s research group (www.pitt.edu/~albertto) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science at University of Pittsburgh. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong background in computational plasticity. Current research focus of our group is on developing efficient process simulation and topology optimization methods for additive manufacturing (AM). Successful candidate will have access to state-of-the-art AM systems in the ANSYS Additive Manufacturing Research Laboratory (AMRL) that Professor To is directing. These AM systems include the EOS DMLS M290 and Optomec LENS 450 processes.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- A PhD in mechanical engineering, materials science, or other related fields
- Demonstrated expertise and research experience in computational plasticity
- Experience in programming in C/C++ and/or in various CAD and FEA software packages, especially ANSYS, ABAQUS, SolidWorks and Inventor
- Background in process-structure-property relationship for AM materials
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team and independently
- Experience in mechanical testing and materials characterization
- Experience in using AM system
Position is now open until filled. Interested individual should submit a CV with contact information of three references to Professor Albert To (email@example.com).