SERC/AIRC Project Manager
This position offers a well-qualified individual the opportunity to perform in a critical support role within the Systems Engineering Research Center (SERC) and Acquisition Innovation Research Center (AIRC) within the School of Systems & Enterprises at Stevens Institute of Technology. The well-qualified individual will provide project management support to a growing number of research projects. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with Principal Investigators and research team members in the development of research proposals and management of funded projects. The successful candidate will possess proposal development, program management, communication, and team-development skills; the ability to develop unique, functional and fiscally responsible solutions that manage risk; as well as the ability to function in a changing environment. Responsibilities include providing comprehensive project management support from pre-award through postaward. Tasks encompass working with key stakeholders including subcontractors to define project scope, strategy and outcomes; create work schedule and milestone plans; track critical paths, dependencies and deliverables; monitor effort reports and track cost-sharing commitments; assist with report preparation and creates/updates project reports.
The successful candidate must possess a high level of initiative, clear communication skills, leadership experience, and a high degree of organization and ability to multi-task. Ability to take initiative, anticipate obstacles and pro-actively and creatively problem-solve; interpersonal skills and flexibility in dealing with a range of working styles and competing demands.
- Develop and monitor project plans to ensure successful completion of research tasks.
- Prepare reporting documents related to research activities.
- Ensure the proper collection of project information ensuring that the information is easily accessible and able to be reported. This includes proper storage of sensitive information.
- Perform data analysis, interpretation, and reporting based on project metrics.
- Perform other related duties & responsibilities as assigned/requested.
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years of relevant experience as a project manager
- Qualitive research skills as well as quantitative research skills
Required & Preferred Qualifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Background in development projects, systems engineering, and/or acquisition
- Experience coordinating project activities in a university setting able to achieve results with guidance from principal investigators are preferred
- Clearance or ability to obtain Secret level clearance preferred.
*Compensation : Grade 6 *
This position requires access to information that may be subject to export control requirements. Successful candidates must be qualified for such access without an export control license. As a result, US citizenship or LPR (Lawful Permanent Residence) is required.
Program Operations SERC
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.