SMART LEES working to commercialize its proprietary CMOS + III-V integration platform to create novel lighting and communications silicon-based integrated circuits that take advantage of superior optoelectronic and analog/RF properties of III-V materials and devices. We invite candidates to help participate in this exciting goal.
The Research Scientist will use LEES’ proprietary design kits to create novel silicon-based illumination and display circuits and systems. The candidate will be expected to both design circuits to meet customer-specified needs, as well as build on those customer and industry inputs to conceive and prototype original circuit ideas. In addition to illumination and display applications, the candidate may be called on to assist other team members working on RF circuits used for 5G and mobile/IoT applications, including, but not limited to, implementing optical functionality into wireless-enabled/-enabling systems. The candidate will also work with the design kit development team to refine the design kit.
- A PhD degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, or any related discipline.
- Experience in mixed-signal/analog and/or RF circuit design.
- Knowledge of design kit modification and customization is preferred.
- Familiarity with both silicon and compound semiconductor devices is advantageous.
- Familiarity with circuit design and packaging/integration techniques relevant to LEDs is advantageous.
- The candidate needs to work well in a team, and be able to communicate with LEES researchers working in different disciplines.
- The candidate should, given an overall program objective, expect to deliver results within a timeline and also with minimum supervision.
To apply, please visit our website at: http://smart.mit.edu/careers/career-opportunities. Interested applicants are invited to send in their full CV/resume, cover letter and list of three references (to include reference names and contact information). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.