The William E. Boeing Department of Aeronautics & Astronautics invites applications for a postdoctoral scholar position in the Computational Fluid Mechanics Lab under the supervision of Professor Antonino Ferrante. This is a full-time position with a 12 month appointment.
This position is in the area of computational fluid dynamics (CFD), specifically in the area of numerical modeling and simulation of multiphase turbulent flows. The main task of this project is the development of a new solver for multiphase compressible turbulent flows, and its verification and validation.
This position will be open until filled, with an anticipated start date as early as December 1, 2022.
A PhD, or foreign equivalent, is required, in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, applied mathematics, or a closely related field with strong experience in computational fluid dynamics.
Applicants are invited to highlight their experience in computational fluid dynamics, turbulence, multiphase flows, compressible flows, programming and high-performance computing in their application package, particularly, their publications in refereed journals on numerical methods and flow physics.
The University is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
To apply, visit: http://apply.interfolio.com/112112
Please provide pdf files for the following requested materials:
- Cover letter briefly describing qualifications, research interests, professional goals, and specific interest in this position.
- CV including:
- list of publications and other research products
- teaching experience, if any
- service, if any
- Diversity statement summarizing the candidate’s contributions to justice, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- List of 3 references including their contact information (name, position, email).