LUT School of Energy System is looking for a professor in Mechanical Engineering, especially Welding Technology.
The position is situated at the assistant/associate/full professor levels of the tenure track system (https://www.lut.fi/web/en/get-to-know-us/come-to-work-for-us/tenure-track) and it is filled for a four-year fixed term (assistant/associate professor) or until further notice (full professor).
The professor of welding technology is in charge of research and education in welding technology and collaboration and interaction with businesses in the field. The duties include, for instance, the preparation of national and international research projects and cost-efficient, goal-oriented leadership and project management. The position is located in the Laboratory of Welded Metal Structures.
The appointment process description (https://www.lut.fi/documents/10633/320647/Welding_ENG/e6ef9dac-a6ef-4fe7-8f…) explains the qualification requirements, application instructions, and tenure track appointment criteria.
How to apply
Please submit all application materials in English.
1. A curriculum vitae
2. A copy of your doctoral diploma
3. A full list of publications, including the total number of publications in the Scopus database, the total number of citations, the h-index and Scopus ID. In addition, equivalent information from your Google Scholar profile is required.
4. A separate list of the publications submitted for expert evaluation
5. Publications for evaluation by experts (max. 10)
6. A teaching portfolio (https://www.lut.fi/documents/27578/295903/LUT-Compilation-and-evaluation-of…) or an equivalent account of your teaching qualifications
7. An account of your merits and activities of significance to the vacancy (max. 3 pages)
8. An account in English of your vision on the development of education, research and projects in the field of the professorship at Lappeenranta University of Technology (max. 3 pages).
The deadline for applications is 13 January 2019 (at midnight, Finnish local time, UTC +2 h). Please submit your application, together with the required attachments, by filling out the online form (link below).
Additional information: Professor Juha Varis, tel. +358 40 501 7478, firstname.lastname@example.org