Faculty, Tenure Track - Engineering Technology
: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)
Utah Valley University (UVU) is seeking applicants for a tenure-track faculty member within the Engineering Technology department to begin January 2020. The successful candidate will have industrial experience in progrmmable logic controllers and industrial automation. The candidate will be able to teach a mix of Electrical Automation & Robotics Technology and Mechatronics Engineering Technology courses. Other duties include direct and mentor course projects, create innovative instructional materials, and supervise extracurricular activities as assigned.
May be required to teach day, evening, weekend, on-line, blended or off-campus courses.
Bachelors degree from an accredited institution with 10 years of relevant industry experience or
a Masters degree from an accredited institution with 8 years of relevant industry experience in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, or EART related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of electrical/electronic math and theory used in the automation and controls field.
- The successful applicant will have a strong background in the following areas: Allen-Bradley PLC programming, motion controls, integrating DC and 3phase / 1phase motors in automated systems.
- Advanced knowledge in both theory and application in PLCs, AC/DC motors and systems, steppers, servos, instrumentation, hydraulics and pneumatics, electronics, and variable frequency drives.
- Knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques in upper and lower division courses.
- Knowledge of student management, motivation, evaluation; evaluation of (peer and self) instruction.
- Knowledge of program and curriculum development and evaluation.
- Knowledge of and expertise in current trends in education, engaged learning and service learning, learning technologies (e.g. digital technologies for classroom management and distance education), public presenting and report and grant writing.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in time management and organizational.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Ability to design, build, and troubleshoot automation and electronic labs.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, agency administrators, and community practitioners from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and initiative in solving problems.
- Ability to work independently.
MS degree with 10+ years programming and integrating PLCs in an industrial setting.
Experience with the 2+2 College/University technology programs is preferred.
Requires continuous standing, talking, hearing, seeing, with frequent bending, twisting, reaching, sitting, walking, pushing/pulling, grasping, and fine hand manipulation. Must be able to lift greater than 25 lbs.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
FAC59218 Engineering Technology Faculty 12/13/2019
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Please address your industrial technology experience at manufacturing plants or other related industrial facilities in your cover letter.
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three business references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/16333
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.