One postdoctoral associate position in Metallurgy and Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing) is available in Professor Zhao’s ZIP-AM Lab (https://zipam.pitt.edu) at the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science at University of Pittsburgh. We are seeking a highly motivated scientific researcher in Metallurgy, Materials Science and Engineering, or related area with the following expertise.
Required Expertise: Integrated Computational Material Engineering (CALPHAD, etc.), Physical metallurgy, Microstructure engineering & characterization, Metrology, Optics, Materials Processing, Physics-based and data-driven modeling
Successful candidates will have access to novel equipment at Professor Zhao’s ZIP-AM laboratory as well as to state-of-the-art AM systems in the ANSYS Additive Manufacturing Research Laboratory (AMRL) at PITT. Zhao’s team has active and close collaborations with leading national labs, institutes, and companies.
Candidates are desired to have the following qualifications corresponding to their chosen area(s) above.
- BS/MS/PhD in metallurgy, material science and engineering, chemistry, or other related fields.
- Mature personality, honesty and integrity, critical thinking
- Demonstrated theoretical knowledge in mathematics and physics
- Hands-on experimental skills
- Strong programming skills, software development experience, engineering software packages
- Experience in Big data, Machine Learning, Parallel Computing, Database (preferred)
- Knowledge/experience in additive manufacturing or 3D printing (not necessary)
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team and independently
To apply, interested individuals please email a CV/Resume and transcript with contact information of three references and anticipated start date to Professor Zhao (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please make sure your application package highlights how your background would fit the area(s) of your interest. Send a writing sample of peer-reviewed publications if any. Priority will be given to the earliest available and highly qualified applicants. The review process will start immediately until the openings are filled. Thanks!