The University of Tulsa Department of Mechanical Engineering is searching for a postdoctoral researcher to support our recently awarded a U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Technology project to develop novel a CSP Collector system https://www.energy.gov/eere/solar/seto-fy2018-concentrating-solar-thermal-p… TU and collaborators will develop a new carbon-based receiver system with a bio-inspired microvascular architecture. This project will integrate materials synthesis and manufacturing with fracture mechanics, macro- and micro-scale materials characterization, and thermal and optical property characterization. The results will be used to develop a broad understanding of the manufacturing and performance of carbon-based central receiver systems.
- Conducting experimental and computational research as it relates to developing novel carbon-based central receiver systems.
- Overseeing graduate student research as it relates to project goals and meeting project milestones and go/no-go points.
- Working with a diverse team of co-PIs, technicians, and graduate students.
- Writing quarterly reports and creating quarterly technical presentations.
- Presenting at conferences and leading publication efforts
Doctoral degree in engineering field, appropriate experience, and expertise. Strong project management skills and a superior publication record.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. This is a 1-year position with the possibility of renewal.