Established in 1912, National Taipei University of Technology (Taipei Tech) is among one of the oldest universities in Taiwan. In 2021 QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) rankings, Taipei Tech was ranked #88 in Asia. Taipei Tech currently offers 19 undergraduate programs, 26 master programs, and 17 Ph.D. programs within 6 colleges.
The Department of Civil Engineering in Taipei Tech invites applicants from the broad area of disaster prevention/mitigation/management for a tenure-track position at the assistant/associate/full professor level (depending on experience). Successful candidates will be part of the growing interdisciplinary group of Ecological and Disaster Prevention Engineering in the CE department.
1. An earned Ph.D. degree (or foreign equivalents) by the starting date of February 1, 2022;
2. Extensive knowledge in the broad area of disaster prevention/mitigation/management;
3. Demonstrated capability to develop research programs and obtain external funding;
4. Experience in delivering lectures in English; and
5. Related teaching and/or working experience is a plus.
Applicants are required to submit the following materials electronically to Ms. Jia-rong Li (email@example.com) before the deadline of May 31, 2021. For applicants who enter the interview phase, additional materials might be required at a later time.
1. A cover letter;
2. A current C.V.;
3. For candidates whose Ph.D. degrees are pending, a letter from the adviser is required;
4. Undergraduate and graduate-level transcripts;
5. Electronic copy of the Ph.D. dissertation;
6. Electronic copies of peer-reviewed publications published within 5 years;
7. Research statement/plan for the next 5 years;
8. Teaching philosophy/plan; and
9. At least two recommendation letters.