Job Description Summary
The Forest Products Development Center is seeking an Associate Research Professor with a specialty in Paper/Fiber Engineering for packaging applications and is primary focused on fiber functionality for binder improvement in packaging or materials and a secondary focus on binders in wood composites. This position will also be committed to other research branches associated with the Auburn University Forest Products Development Center and varies as a function of soft monies from competitive grants; which, could in the future supplement and extend the funding period (see period below).
The Forest Products Development Center (FPDC) is located within the College of Forestry, Wildlife, and Environment. Our mission is to discover, innovate, and publicize new research and product development for industry, government, society, and students in the area of biomaterials and packaging. We/FPDC achieve this research, extension and educational mission by working across campus with the College of Engineering, College of Architecture, College of Agriculture, College of Business, and our Forestry team. These 5 Colleges also support the FPDC by collaborating in a systems approach to research and innovation. Additionally, these 5 entities have collaborated to create our new undergraduate curriculum in Sustainable Biomaterials and Packaging.
This non-tenure track 12-month position has funding available for a one-year appointment. Continuation of employment will be based on (1) satisfactory annual reviews, and (2) the attainment of sufficient external research funding.
- A PhD degree in paper engineering, chemical engineering, and paper printing at the time employment begins.
- Over 5 years of experience working in a pulp and paper laboratory.
- The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements for work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the term of employment.
- Someone with experience in paper coating.
- Experience in teaching undergraduate students in paper package engineering.
- Lead Manager or Engineer for a pulp and paper laboratory.
- Experience working in a University Center/Institute.
- Experience working with stakeholders from government and industry.
Special Instructions to Applicants
In addition, applicants must complete the on-line application at the link provided along with 3 professional references maximum. Please submit by 10/16/2022. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.