The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace engineering is seeking applicants for five (5) tenure-track faculty members to join the department. Positions are open at the ranks of assistant, associate and full professor, and will begin on a rolling timeline. MAE is seeking candidates for positions in both mechanical and aerospace engineering. We are a strong and growing department with nationally pre-eminent programs in established and emerging areas of research. MAE’s expert faculty have established records of excellence in research and teaching. Department faculty and emeritus faculty hold over 60 Fellow-grade memberships in national professional societies. Our faculty also hold over 30 major awards from professional societies, and governmental and industrial organizations. We are seeking mechanical and aerospace engineers to become a part of our growing department in the following positions:
- Nonequilibrium hypersonic flows, high-enthalpy reacting flows, low-temperature plasmas, and advanced laser diagnostics (assistant/associate professor). The successful candidate is expected to augment the experimental capabilities of the Nonequilibrium Thermodynamics Laboratories, develop a highly visible research program, and expand the collaboration with the Aerospace Research Center, Turbulence and Combustion Research Laboratory, and High-Fidelity Computational Multi- Physics Laboratory. academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/19735
- Dynamic systems and control (assistant professor). The new hire is expected to complement and expand the department’s existing research strengths in ground and air vehicles, especially in emerging areas such as electrification, lightweighting, structural functionalization, system integration and control, and adaptive materials. academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/19745
- Dynamics, estimation and control of autonomous aerospace systems. (assistant professor, joint appointment with Electrical and Computer Engineering). The successful applicant will be expected to complement and expand MAE and ECE departmental strengths in dynamics, estimation and control of autonomous aerospace systems. academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/19746
- Director for the Aerospace Research Center to provide leadership to the research activities of ARC (associate/full professor). In addition to maintaining a robust and highly visible research program, the successful candidate will develop and implement a compelling vision for the Center in embracing and emerging challenges and opportunities in multidisciplinary fields. academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/19908
- Engineering and Social Justice (open rank). MAE seeks to make positive contributions to a just and equitable society at the local, national, and international levels through education and research. Underrepresented minorities and women are especially encouraged to apply. academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/19907
For more information and full position descriptions/listings please visit: mae.osu.edu/about/faculty-hiring
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering is one of the largest departments in the College of Engineering at The Ohio State University. We are the home to nearly 80 faculty and over 35 dedicated staff members. Approximately 1900 undergraduates are pursuing a degree in either Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering through rigorous programs that feature hands-on, project-based learning. Nearly 300 graduate students are seeking a degree in either Mechanical, Aerospace, or Nuclear Engineering. Our innovative and creative faculty adhere to the philosophy that true innovation depends upon the cooperation of academia, industry, and government working together to advance the goals of science and technology. Our students and faculty regularly collaborate with colleagues in other departments in the College of Engineering and with multiple other colleges across campus. Strong research relationships exist with the Air Force Research Laboratory, NASA Glenn Research Center, GE Aviation, Honda of America, and numerous other industrial partners. Department faculty have over $26 million in sponsored research expenditures in areas such as advanced transportation systems
(automotive and aerospace), energy and environmental quality, materials and manufacturing, microand nanotechnology, nuclear energy, and bioengineering while providing leadership for the Center for Automotive Research, The NSF IUCRC Smart Vehicle Concepts Center, the Aerospace Research Center, the Simulation Innovation and Modeling Center, and the Nuclear Reactor Laboratory.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other bases under the law.
About the College of Engineering
Ohio State’s College of Engineering and Knowlton School of Architecture strive to foster a learning culture that prepares students to be key contributors to society through their technological, professional and personal skills. Our faculty and our students thrive in an environment of new ideas and concepts that expand the understanding of science, engineering and architecture.
In addition to being an innovative leader in engineering and architecture education, we endeavor to fulfill our university’s land-grant mission of advancing Ohio’s economic mobility, competitiveness and standard of living through our contributions toward technology and creativity, continuous improvement, a diverse workforce and lifelong learning. The college also is firmly committed to and a catalyst for the university’s
Discovery Themes: Energy and Environment; Food Production and Security; and Health and Wellness.
Learn more at engineering.osu.edu
About The Ohio State University
The Ohio State University prides itself on being a model 21st-century public, land grant, research, urban, community engaged institution. Ohio State is a top-20 public university, enrolling over 60,000 students, and its Ohio State Wexner Medical Center is one of America’s leading academic health centers and recently ranked as one of Forbes’ best U.S. employers for diversity. The Ohio State University is in Columbus, Ohio. As the nation’s 14th largest city, Columbus invites and embraces cultural and economic diversity. Read more at (Experience Columbus)