We are seeking a postdoctoral researcher to implement advanced bio-signal processing and machine learning methods with cardiovascular and respiratory signals collected from a large cohort of cardiac patients. The work will be part of a collaborative research project between a Biomedical Instrumentation group at the University of Ottawa, Canada and Medical researchers in Japan. The initial appointment will be for one year, but may be renewable for two additional years if progress is satisfactory.
- A Ph.D. in a field related to the project (e.g. Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Artificial Intelligence).
- A strong background in analysis of bio-signals (and in particular cardiovascular and respiratory signals) using MATLAB.
- A strong background in applying machine learning methods to medical problems using MATLAB and/or Python.
- A solid publication record on topics related to the project (including as first author in one or more high quality journal papers).
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
Prospective applicants should send a Cover Letter, CV, and sample publications to Prof. Hilmi Dajani (email@example.com). Applications will be continuously reviewed until the position is filled.
Please note that we can only respond to applicants considered for an interview.