We are looking for one postdoctoral researcher position in the fields of biochar, bioenergy and water treatment in Dr. Eunsung Kan’s lab at Texas A&M AgriLife Research Center, Texas A&M University. Possible start date will be April-August 2020 (it could be discussed).
Dr. Kan’s lab focuses on production of various biofuels/bioproducts via biological and thermal routes, biochar technology, novel water treatment technologies, and reuse of wastewater for agricultural and energy production (https://sites.google.com/site/eunsungkan/)
The successful candidates will participate in one or more of the following research topics:
- Production of biofuels/bioproducts from agricultural and animal wastes
- Multifunctional biochar for environmental remediation including removal of antibiotics, emerging
contaminants, microbial pathogens and heavy metals
- Novel biochar for agricultural applications such as soil fertility, plant growth, and microbial communities
- Biochar for energy and medical applications
Candidates must currently hold a PhD in environmental engineering, chemical engineering, biological engineering, agricultural engineering, biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, molecular biology or other relevant disciplines.
Preferred experience includes (but, not limited to):
* Production and applications of biochar for environmental remediation and agriculture
- Biofuel/biochemical production via anaerobic digestion, anaerobic fermentation, thermal and
- Analytical skills (LC/MS, HPLC, GC, ICP, XRD, SEM/EDX, XPS etc)
- Experiences for analyzing antibiotics and emerging contaminants from soil and wastewater
- Molecular techniques including qPCR and 16S microbial community analysis
Competitive compensation will be provided.
Formal screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The position is for one year with renewal based on performance and continued availability of funding. Please send a cover letter that briefly describes your research interest and qualification for this position, a curriculum vitae, and contact information for 3 references to Dr. Eunsung Kan (firstname.lastname@example.org). Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.