The German University in Cairo invites applications for vacancies to be filled effective October 2021 or February 2022.
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly capable and motivated applicants wishing to join the Architecture and Urban Design Program. The GUC architecture school was founded in 2010 and can now claim to be one of the most attractive programs in Egypt. Situated in Cairo, the dynamic gateway to the Middle East, the GUC Architecture and Urban Design program is growing rapidly.
Successful candidates will be expected to teach both undergraduate and graduate levels, develop ongoing and innovative research activities and contribute to shaping this architecture and urban design program. All courses are taught in English. As a member of an international team, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Introducing relations between architectural design and urban projects in the undergraduate program
- Engaging in the contemporary architectural discourse both in teaching and research within the specific context of Egypt, Mediterranean and internationally
- Coordinating design studios at undergraduate and graduate levels
- Advanced elective courses on innovative urban or territorial scale design projects
- Supervising bachelor/master/PhD thesis in the field.
The Architecture and Urban Design Department at GUC focusses on an integrative design approach where contextual thinking and multiscale strategies shape the architectural design process. We encourage and support research activities in those fields.
- Candidates should hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. preferably in urban or territorial topics and have equivalent practical experience of architecture with a focus on housing as well as according teaching experience.
- Candidates should have experience in the area of international research networks.
- Applicants for the position of a Professor should hold a PHD degree with relevant academic references in related areas.
- Applicants for the position of a Lecturer should hold a PhD degree, with 3 years of teaching experience.
The German University in Cairo is an Egyptian Private University established in cooperation with the German State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Embassy in Cairo, the Arab/German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK), the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Universities of Stuttgart, Ulm, Mannheim, and Tübingen. Situated at the ancient city of Cairo, the GUC’s mission is to achieve excellence in teaching and research.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, samples of design work and publications and the names of at least three referees. Applications to be submitted online through the GUC website: https://www.guc.edu.eg/en/jobs/ by referencing posting: #ref Academic Keys-II6.4.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications before 30th of May 2021.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)