A Ph.D. Position in the Intelligent Sensing Laboratory (ISL) at UMass Amherst, https://blogs.umass.edu/xiandu.
A fully-funded Ph.D. position is available in the Intelligent Sensing Laboratory (ISL) in the Institute for Applied Life Sciences (IALS) at the University of Massachusetts (UMass), Amherst. High priority will be given to highly qualified candidates who are available to start in the Fall 2021. The ideal candidates will have a profound interest in both fundamental and applied research in image processing.
- Machine vision
- Machine learning
- Undergraduate in mechanical, electrical, computer engineering or computer science
- Strong hand-on skills or experience in image process
- A burning desire to conduct both theoretical and experimental work
- Highly self-motivated and persistent in solving practical experimental problems
- Programming in MATLAB/LabVIEW or python or C/C++ for data acquisition or processing
- Data collection, processing and analysis
- Peer-reviewed conference or journal publications
- Strong English technical writing, communication, and presentation skills
Note: your strong interest and hand-on experience to work on and solve practical engineering problems will be more important for this lab than any skills and qualifications.
The successful applicants will join a vibrant team of students working in the Intelligent Sensing Lab that is focused on the translational machine intelligence and innovative sensing techniques.
An early start on September 1st, 2021 is preferred for exceptional applicants who submit their application ASAP. Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact Prof. Xian Du at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email Subject: Ph.D.
- Email to email@example.com
- In your email, please state the specific area you are interested in.
Please include the following attachments to your email
1. CV (curriculum vitae)
2. Cover letter
3. List of peer-reviewed publications, if available
4. Two references.