Faculty, Tenure Track, Assistant/Associate Professor - Civil Geotechnical Engineering
: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)
The Engineering Department ((https://uvu.edu/engineering/
) at Utah Valley University invites applications for a tenure track faculty position, at the rank of assistant/associate professor to begin in January 2022 or August 2022. The successful candidates must have earned B.S. and Ph.D. degrees in civil engineering in Geotechnical, or closely related areas, and have a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and research, advising, and course development. Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience and professional experience. Candidates must be eligible and willing to become licensed professional engineers, if not already registered. Excellent opportunities exist for collaborative work with the Utah Department of Transportation and regional civil engineering firms. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a letter of application addressing qualifications along with a resume, and names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three references. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
B.S. and Ph.D. in Civil Engineering in geotechnical or closely related areas. (Ph.D. must be completed by start date.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and applied research, advising, and course development.
- Eligible and willing to become professional engineer if not already registered.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
The successful candidate will possess:
* Knowledge and experience in Geotechnical Engineering
* Skills in interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making.
* Skills in presentation of course materials and learning experiences.
* Expertise in teaching subjects related to general civil engineering topics, with a preferred minimum of 3 years teaching experience at the college/university level.
* Ability to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to engage, motivate, and evaluate students.
* Ability to deal with the opportunities and challenges of a rapidly growing and changing institution.
* Experience in developing and teaching courses.
Preference goes to applicants with practical experience and who are already licensed engineers.
Physical requirements include frequent standing, sitting, grasping, and fine hand manipulation with continual talking hearing, and seeing. May be required to lift up to 10 lbs.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/24894
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.