The Department of Biomedical Engineering at Northwestern University invites applications for a Director of Experiential Learning. This is a full-time, non-tenure-track position at the level of Assistant Professor of Instruction. It is a 3-year, renewable appointment.
The Director will be responsible for expanding and administering experiential opportunities for our undergraduate students. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the oversight and improvement of our undergraduate curriculum
- Develop and teach laboratory modules to complement our existing course offerings
- Run undergraduate academic year and summer research programs
- Expand internship opportunities for BME students
- Teach 3-4 courses per year
- Advise undergraduate students
The successful candidate will have a PhD in biomedical engineering or a related field involving substantial experimental research and experience in teaching and curriculum development. Candidates should be energetic, self-motivated, and organized. The following skills would be advantageous, though not all are necessary: instrumentation design and construction, physiological measurements, animal handling and surgery, computer programming, statistics, material synthesis and characterization, and other biomedical laboratory skills pertinent to undergraduate education.
For consideration, please submit the following materials to https://facultyrecruiting.northwestern.edu/apply/OTU: CV, teaching statement, three letters of recommendation, and a cover letter with a statement of career goals, laboratory experience, and laboratory skills.