Nazarbayev University is Kazakhstan’s leading University. English is both its language of instruction and day-to-day working language. Faculty enjoy a comfortable cosmopolitan lifestyle with a range of modern restaurants, bars, theatres, museums, and sporting venues.
The School of Engineering of Nazarbayev University has a unique opportunity for an excellent individual to join the Department of Materials & Manufacturing Engineering as Assistant Professor in Materials & Manufacturing area from August 2018. Applicants should have expertise in one of the following areas which include Advanced materials and manufacturing, Sustainable Manufacturing, Materials/Metallurgy, Additive Manufacturing.
Applicants must possess PhD degree from a reputable university in Materials & Manufacturing Engineering or related areas. The ideal candidate should also have experience in teaching and publications in conferences and in top journals in the stated area of expertise.
The University offers:
- A competitive salary;
- A start up grant for conference travels and building collaborations;
- Paid leave of 56 days per annum;
- Two round trip flights for the appointee and dependants home per annum;
- International health insurance;
- Rent-free housing for the appointee and dependants;
- Assistance for relocation expenses including shipment allowance and air fares for the appointee and dependants; and,
- An educational allowance for dependent children.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV together with a statement of teaching and research plans through the online submission form available at available at the link: https://script.google.com/a/macros/nu.edu.kz/s/AKfycby49BwOgro0lG5Q4ATvdR5R3Xnh6GSRyti5V8RL_cDg_CvDq_F8/exec/. We regret we will only be able to notify shortlisted candidates. Prospective applicants are encouraged to find more about the School of Engineering at Nazarbayev University at seng.nu.edu.kz.
Applicants can direct any enquiries to Head of Department of Materials & Manufacturing Engineering, Professor SL Teh at firstname.lastname@example.org