A Research Asisstant (RA)/Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF) position in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Texas A&M University at Qatar (TAMUQ) is open for hiring immediately in the area of cybersecurity in smart grids and critical infrastructures. This is a one year position with possible extension based on mutual interests. The position location is in Doha, Qatar.
Position duties involve conducting research and publication of research results via journal and conference publications, conference presentations, interaction with academic institutions and industry, and grant proposal writing.
It is important that the candidate presents many of the following:
- An MSc. degree for the RA position and a PhD degree for the PDF. The degree should be in Electrical and Computer Engineering related to the areas listed above.
- Good knowledge of the topics listed in the position overview and relevant programming skills
- Relevant publication record in top academic conferences and journals.
- English writing and verbal skills.
TAMUQ offers a competitive compensation package that includes an attractive salary, flying tickets, furnished accommodation, medical insurance, and participation in children school tuition fees.
Application submission details:
Candidates should send the following information, as single .pdf, to Prof. Erchin Serpedin (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Muhammad Ismail (email@example.com):
- CV, including list of publications, summary of educational background and grades.
- Summary of work experience
- Short research statement (maximum 1 page)
- Names and email addresses of at least 3 references.
- A soft copy of one or two recent publications considered by the candidate as being representative(s) of his/her research work.
Anticipated start date:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Start date will be immediate or as negotiated.